2019. július 5., péntek

The new Yoga Mat

I've written about my Yoga mat here.

Since then, the circumstances have changed and it has been time to replace my 17-year-old mat.

However, when buying a new yoga mat, it was also an aspect to be made of more natural material, and I was very pleased when other to see the problem too:

- the polifoam carpets are made of plastic, filled with air by blowing, do not decompose, and are also harmful to the planet and its inhabitants, both in their production and in their use and disposal.

Again, they were looking for yoga mat testing where this very thorough Article was written that takes environmental aspects into account in detail.


I find it very good to make my own carpet made of natural and residual materials, but since I keep yoga outdoors, my favorite is the cork carpet, which has natural rubber on the back. I chose a thicker type (8mm) because I could keep my headstand longer if the surface wasn't that hard. There is a disadvantage: a bit difficult, but I'd rather say it is not as light as polifoam mattresses.


... and, behold, my cork-natural rubber yoga mat:


Finally, I would like to point out that the goal is not to get everyone out of the plastic mat quickly, because it does not good for our planet in the same way, but if someone is looking for a yoga mat, it is worth taking these aspects and I heartily recommend  the cork-natural rubber carpet to do yoga.

3 megjegyzés:

  1. Szia! Nem tudom, olvasod-e itt ezt. Kitöröltem magam a fb-ról, így elvesztettem a te jógás csoportodhoz is a hozzáférést. Volt egy könyv, amit megosztottál, én már 2x le is töltöttem, de a telefonom takarítás címen törölte. Most viszont nagy szükségem lenne rá (Iyengar). Elküldenéd e-mailben a linket vagy megosztanád itt! bunyakovszkij a mail fiókom a google-nél. Köszi!
    Gira

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Ajaj, csak most olvastam, megpróbállak megkeresni, vagy írj az anitja75@gmail.com -ra szívesen elküldöm Neked :) Sajnálom, hogy törölted magad a FB-ról...

      Törlés
    2. Ezt kerested? https://terebess.hu/keletkultinfo/lexikon/Iyengar-Joga.pdf

      Törlés